Dating As A Single Parent Inverness
Dating As A Single Parent
Dating is never easy but dating as a single parent adds new complications.
1. The most important dating step you can make as single parent is to forget the old-fashioned idea that a relationship completes you. Instead remember you already have a life--a full, busy life with a complete family. A relationship should complement your life, not eclipse what you already have.
2. Prepare your kids. Be open and honest. An open dialogue aids the child's understanding of why you need someone new in your life.
3. Try online dating. Online dating is a fun way to meet new people in a relaxed, non-committal setting.
4. Try a daytime date. Lunch during the week or a museum on a Saturday afternoon are great ways to squeeze in dating without interfering with your parenting schedule.
5. Participate in social activities as a family. Church, school and community events offer great opportunities to squeeze in meeting new people. This gives you a chance to decide if you want to take the time to get to know a person better before you waste a whole date on them.
6. Take it slow and remember dating is a gradual process. Before you introduce a date to your child make sure it's a serious relationship--your child doesn't need to experience the ups and downs of dating with you.
These tips should help make dating as a single parent a little easier. Keep in mind you deserve to have a great relationship. Don't settle.
Visit How-to.com for more information